Tripleanews.com has learned Winnebago Police were recently issued a search warrant related to the assault of a former Blue Earth Area football player last October.
Police Chief Eric Olson says the warrant was obtained for Blue Earth Area School District.
“Officer Jacob Petitt and I served the warrant last Friday afternoon at the district’s administration office,” he says.
Olson would not give any details or specifics regarding the warrant.
“It’s part of the ongoing investigation,” he says. “I have no further comment at this time.”
So far, four teens have been charged in the assault that reportedly took place during a house party in Winnebago following the football team’s final regular season game.
Dalton Lee Nagel was scheduled to be sentenced on July 9, however, that has been rescheduled to Aug. 20.
Early last month, the 18-year-old Nagel pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting third-degree assault and a new charge of fifth-degree criminal sexual misconduct.
Nagel’s sentencing has been delayed because a pre-sentence investigation has not been completed.
Blake Joseph Barnett, 17, has a pre-trial hearing coming up on July 23, after having four other pre-trial hearings that have had to be rescheduled.
Barnett is facing felony charges of third-degree assault and aiding and abetting third-degree assault.
Court records show that Barnett has moved with his family to Des Moines and played on a high school varsity basketball team last year.
Information regarding another juvenile is no longer available to the public.
A court official says the juvenile was 15 years old at the time when he also was charged with third-degree assault and aiding and abetting third-degree assault. She says a court file should not have been made for public access.
Wyatt Tungland, 18, is scheduled to appear in court on July 27 for a contested omnibus hearing on charges of third-degree assault and aiding and abetting third-degree assault.