Cause of camper fire determined

Local News

An investigation has determined the cause of a camper fire that badly burned a Delavan man.

Shortly after 9 p.m. on Friday, April 22, authorities received a 911 call of a report that a camper was on fire at 504 S. Main Street in Delavan.

According to the State Fire Marshal and Sheriff’s Office, a faulty heater attached to a propane tank ignited the blaze that totally destroyed the camper.

Delavan Fire and First Responders arrived on the scene found the owner of the camper, 44-year-old Thomas Wayne Bowen, inside and injured.

“He was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center for burns to his arms, face and smoke inhalation,” says Adams. “We have not received an update.”

Also assisting at the scene were the Winnebago Ambulance and Mayo Ambulance Service.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *